Businesses that use Mailchimp for email marketing and campaign management often pair it with a separate CRM solution to automate tasks, monitor email activities, interject AI, and visualize data. The best Mailchimp CRMs meet these needs, but many provide ecommerce tools, third-party integration, or customizable dashboards that help you make the most of your software. In this article, we evaluated the best Mailchimp CRM solutions available.
Here are the top eight Mailchimp CRM solutions for salespeople in 2021:
- Zoho CRM: Best overall CRM for Mailchimp (free starting price)
- HubSpot CRM: Best for monitoring email activities (free starting price)
- Pipedrive: Best for integrated contact management ($12.50 starting price)
- Insightly: Best for visualizing Mailchimp CRM data (free starting price)
- OnePageCRM: Best for creating customized forms ($13.50 starting price)
- Mailchimp CRM: Best for full-scale email marketing (free starting price)
- Copper: Best for marketing and workflow automation ($25 starting price)
- Dynamics 365 Sales: Best for AI sales forecasting ($65 starting price)
What Is a Mailchimp CRM?
Mailchimp is a comprehensive email marketing and automation platform that helps users manage clients, customers, and contacts. It offers some native CRM functionality (e.g., customizable email templates, social media outreach, process optimization), but it’s often used in tandem with dedicated CRM software. This gives users the full benefits of CRM software — lead nurturing, contact management, and customer service — by integrating directly with a third-party CRM.
How We Evaluated the Best Mailchimp CRM Software
We started our evaluation by looking at Mailchimp integration above all else, based primarily on the interchangeability between each option and Mailchimp itself. Next, we looked at ease of use, based on each entry’s overall usability, while expert score takes into account our own opinion along with the option’s public reputation. Core CRM features were considered next, followed by customization and pricing for each entry.
Our evaluation of Mailchimp CRM was split into six weighted categories. Each contained criteria whose scores added up to a total score out of five for each CRM, helping us to determine an overall winner.
Ease of Use:
This category gauges each entry’s interchangeability with Mailchimp’s system, and vice versa.
Criteria Winner: Pipedrive
Novice-friendly options tend to score extra points in this category, while those with steep learning curves score lower.
Criteria Winner: Zoho CRM
The fundamental features of CRMs are covered in this category, including standard reporting, contact management, lead nurturing, pipeline management, forecasting, and more.
Criteria Winner: Zoho CRM
We looked at overall customizability, as it allows you to minimize redundant or useless data and focus only on the info most important to your bottom line.
Criteria Winner: Dynamics 365 Sales
Note: All per-user prices require a one-year commitment unless otherwise noted.
Zoho CRM took the top spot in our evaluation of Mailchimp CRM software. Its pricing was a major contributor to its final score, but it also has a lot of features that are usable within Mailchimp. Read on to see how all the options fared in each category.
Ease of Use
Zoho CRM is a full-scale CRM platform that helps nurture leads, provide customer service, and manage your email drip campaigns. It also lets you map mailing list subscribers with contacts and leads, receive notifications in Zoho CRM whenever a profile is updated in Mailchimp, and prioritize sales targets based on marketing data. It’s great for companies that run long-term email campaigns and want to maximize their conversion rates.
Zoho CRM Cost
- Free Version: Support for 3 users
- Standard: $14 per user, per month
- Professional: $23 per user, per month
- Enterprise: $40 per user, per month
- Ultimate: $52 per user, per month
- Free Trial: 15 days
Zoho CRM Key Features
- Subscriber Mapping: Map your mailing list subscribers’ activities and connect them with their individual profiles.
- Prioritize Sales Targets: Zoho CRM makes it easier for salespeople to prioritize sales targets based on key marketing data.
- Instant Notifications: Receive instant notifications on the Zoho CRM platform whenever new information is added to your database via Mailchimp.
- Data Sync: Sync information between Zoho CRM and Mailchimp to equip your teams with the latest information.
HubSpot CRM: Best to Monitor Email Activities
Pairs with Mailchimp to provide many features focused on email marketing, including comprehensive email monitoring.
Price Range: Free to $1,200 per month (Sales Hub)
Ease of Use
HubSpot CRM provides a host of different business-oriented services, but their dedicated CRM combines with Mailchimp to improve the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns. It provides basic features, like lead and contact sync, but it excels in monitoring email activities. Receive automatic notifications whenever emails are opened, clicked, or replied to. As such, it’s a great choice for businesses that run direct outreach campaigns and similar initiatives.
HubSpot CRM Cost
- Free Version: Support for unlimited users
- Sales Hub Starter: $45 per month, starts at 2 paid users
- Sales Hub Professional: $450 per month, starts at 5 paid users
- Sales Hub Enterprise: $1,200 per month, starts at 10 paid users
HubSpot CRM Key Features
- Email Monitoring: View Mailchimp email activity within HubSpot CRM, including opens, clicks, sends, and replies.
- Error Handling: HubSpot CRM uses smart monitoring to identify sync errors and automatically resync your data with Mailchimp.
- Data Sharing: Share important data between Mailchimp and HubSpot CRM. Save historic data, like email reply dates, from Mailchimp and into your HubSpot database.
- Personalized Emails: Access your HubSpot CRM lists and convert this data into contact details for personalized email greetings and communications.
- Extra Integration: Mailchimp also integrates with pop-up forms, lists, and contact activity within HubSpot CRM.
Pipedrive: Best for Easy Contact Management
Pipedrive makes it simple to manage contacts with one-click data export directly to Mailchimp.
Price Range: $12.50 to $99 per user, per month (14-day free trial)
Ease of Use
If you constantly work with different contacts on behalf of your client base, Pipedrive is a must-have. With the ability to export your Pipedrive contacts to Mailchimp with one click, it provides the easiest method of transferring and managing contacts yet. It also lets you send personalized and targeted emails by segmenting customer lists for use in Mailchimp. It’s ideal for anyone who wants to take the hassle out of day-to-day contact management.
- Essential: $12.50 per user, per month
- Advanced: $24.90 per user, per month
- Professional: $49.90 per user, per month
- Enterprise: $99 per user, per month (minimum of 10 paid users)
- Free Trial: 14 days
Pipedrive Key Features
- One-Click Data Export: Export your contacts from Pipedrive directly to Mailchimp with one click. This is ideal for those with extensive contact lists.
- Personalized Emails: Greet leads or customers and recommend products or services that cater specifically to their needs.
- Targeted Emails: Define customer segmentations within Pipedrive and use them to send targeted emails to the leads, contacts, and customers on your mailing list.
- Native and Third-Party Integrations: Pipedrive features native integration with Mailchimp, but you can use Zapier to connect with even more third-party apps.
- Online Tutorials: Access online tutorials to help you connect with Mailchimp via Pipedrive’s official site.
Insightly: Best for Data Visualization
Leverages data from Mailchimp for email marketing and data sharing, displaying it through visual dashboards and reports.
Price Range: Free to $99 per user, per month
Ease of Use
Insightly pairs with Mailchimp to help users visualize data in new and innovative ways. There are currently more than 50 different visualizations available, with more added on a regular basis. View advanced metrics, like win rate, average sale price, churn rate, and more, with line graphs, pie charts, visual funnels, regional overlays, and more. It’s great for those who prefer to see an aesthetic representation of their pipeline instead of numbers and figures.
- Free Version: 2 users
- Plus: $29 per user, per month
- Professional: $49 per user, per month
- Enterprise: $99 per user, per month
Insightly Key Features
- Data Visualization: Choose from 50+ visualizations, including line and bar graphs, visual funnels, pie charts, regional overlays, and more.
- Custom Reports and Dashboards: Customize Insightly’s dashboards and reports with visualizations of data taken directly from Mailchimp and your email campaigns.
- Import and Export Data: Users can easily import or export data from one platform to the other as needed.
- Assign Contacts to Campaigns: Use Insightly to assign individual contacts to various email marketing campaigns within Mailchimp.
- Track Sent Emails: Track emails that have already been sent to your contacts, ultimately saving you time by eliminating duplicate or redundant emails.
Ease of Use
If you regularly work with online forms, or if you’re interested in using online forms to capture leads from your web traffic, then OnePageCRM is the solution for you. Not only does it help you set up forms to collect basic information — like names and email addresses — but it captures sources, statuses, custom labels, and more. All of this is easily achievable by setting up custom audiences and segmenting them to sync the information that matters most.
- SMB: $13.50 per user, per month
- SMB Plus: $24 per user, per month
- Enterprise: $59 per user, per month
OnePageCRM Key Features
- Capture Lead Information: OnePageCRM captures basic lead data as well as advanced and customized datasets.
- Automatically Create Contacts: Automatically create contacts from the data that is captured through your online forms.
- Email Marketing Automation: Assign “next steps” to occur after capturing lead data to automatically send greetings, order confirmations, newsletters, and more.
- Track Campaign Performance: Monitor and track the effectiveness of your Mailchimp marketing campaigns without leaving the OnePageCRM platform.
- Send Targeted Emails: OnePageCRM supports customer segmentation so you can send personalized and targeted emails.
Mailchimp: Best for Full-Scale Email Marketing
Mailchimp focuses on email marketing campaigns, ecommerce and sales, customer support, workflow automation, and more.
Price Range: Free to $299 per month (500 to 10,000 contacts)
Ease of Use
Originally branded as a marketing automation and email marketing service, Mailchimp soon branched off to other areas — including CRM. Their CRM solution lets you automatically send emails based on user behaviors, abandoned shopping carts, previous shopping history, recent trends, and more. It’s the ideal solution for those who want to maximize the efficiency of their email marketing campaigns.
- Free Version: Support for 2,000 contacts
- Essentials: $9.99 per month for 500 contacts
- Standard: $14.99 per month for 500 contacts
- Premium: $299 per month for 10,000 contacts
Mailchimp Key Features
- Automated Emails: Mailchimp will email your leads and customers based on the actions they’ve taken on your site.
- Abandoned Shopping Carts: Mailchimp will automatically send notifications to customers if they abandon the contents of their shopping cart.
- Purchase History: Track the purchase history of individual customers and send automatic emails with new recommendations and suggestions.
- Customized Order Notifications: Customize your automatic order notifications for a greater sense of brand consistency.
Copper: Best for Workflow Automations
Bridges the gap between Mailchimp and Google Workspace by automating sales, marketing, and workflow tasks.
Price Range: $25 to $119 per user, per month (14-day free trial)
Ease of Use
Copper is best for Google Workspace (G Suite) teams that work with Mailchimp to run their marketing campaigns. Most of the benefits here revolve around automation, but users can also add leads to their Mailchimp mailing lists with just a few clicks in Copper. Use automated actions to schedule phone calls when new leads are created or define workflow automations to instantly update records based on recent interactions with people or companies.
- Basic: $25 per user, per month
- Professional: $59 per user, per month
- Business: $119 per user, per month
- Free Trial: 14 days
Copper Key Features
- Marketing Automation: Automate tasks and manage email marketing campaigns, subscriber lists, analytics, and more.
- Workflow Automation: Establish an automated workflow by updating various records based on your most recent communications with people, companies, or projects.
- Automated Actions: Define specific actions to occur when leads are created or updated, like scheduling new phone calls or instantly sending follow-up emails.
- API Integration: Copper integrates with Mailchimp via API, which ensures efficiency when transferring data between platforms. It’s easy to set up with just a few clicks.
- Google Workspace Integration: Copper provides native integration with the entire Google Workspace line of products, including Gmail, Drive, Calendar, and more.
Ease of Use
Dynamics 365 Sales uses next-gen AI and BI (business intelligence) to optimize your email marketing campaigns within Mailchimp and forecast results. Users can sync contacts and leads between platforms, manage Mailchimp subscribers, and automate marketing activities on specific leads. Moreover, they can use proprietary AI or Microsoft’s add-on service, PowerBI, to process all of the contact data and create actionable insight from the results.
Dynamics 365 Sales Cost
- Sales Professional: $65 per user, per month
- Sales Enterprise: $95 per user, per month
- Sales Premium: $135 per user, per month
- Microsoft Relationship Sales: $162 per user, per month (minimum of 10 paid users)
Dynamics 365 Sales Key Features
- Sync Contacts and Leads: Easily sync your contacts and leads between both Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales and Mailchimp.
- Automated Marketing: Automatically collect contact and lead data from your Mailchimp mailing lists into Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales or vice versa.
- PowerBI: Requiring a separate subscription, Microsoft’s PowerBI uses advanced analytics and forecasting to produce actionable insight from your data.
- Automated Workflows: Use Mailchimp as a go-between with Dynamics 365 Sales and other third-party apps while automating workflows across all platforms.
- Integration Options: Although there isn’t native integration between Dynamics 365 Sales and Mailchimp, there are plenty of third-party integrations available.
Bottom Line: Best Mailchimp CRM Software
Although Mailchimp provides a lot of CRM functionality on its own, it works best when paired with a full-scale CRM solution. Not only does this software offer the tools needed to nurture leads and manage contacts, but many of them introduce unique features that help you make the most of your customer relationships.