Salesforce CRM is a time-tested customer management software solution with a ton of features for a fair price. But many companies don’t need or want to pay for Salesforce’s full suite of capabilities. Luckily, there are simpler alternatives that offer contact management, email marketing, reporting, and other valued features. We looked at the main Salesforce competitors and determined the top alternatives, including an overall winner.
Here are the seven best Salesforce alternatives for salespeople:
- Freshworks CRM (Overall Winner): Best for AI-driven sales forecasting ($29 starting price)
- Pipedrive: Best for visual pipeline management ($12.50 starting price)
- HubSpot CRM: Best free plan with premium upgrades (free starting price)
- Copper: Best for Google Workspace integration ($25 starting price)
- Zoho CRM: Most customizable Salesforce alternative (free starting price)
- Less Annoying CRM: Best for simple, straightforward functions ($15 starting price)
- Insightly: Best for project management (free starting price)
How We Evaluated the Best Salesforce Alternatives
Salesforce is a powerful tool for many salespeople with superb filtering, reporting and task management. But despite all its capability, such a weighty system is not worth the price tag or labor in set-up for smaller teams. So it’s good there are some great alternatives available. To help, we looked for the best Salesforce competitors and alternatives that scored highly on pipeline management functions, core features offered, integrations, and price. We also looked for options with high marks in ease of use compared to Salesforce, too.
We assigned scores to each CRM on the six weighted criteria below and totaled the points. The CRM with the highest score became our overall winner and best value.
Ease of Use:
We evaluated free plans, subscription plans, and free trials for value.
Criteria Winner: Less Annoying CRM
We examined each CRM’s core offerings, like management of contact data, leads, opportunities, and territories.
Criteria Winner: Zoho
We considered how intuitive and simple to implement the software is.
Criteria Winner: Multiple winners
Note: All per-user prices are with a one-year commitment unless noted.
An overall winner clearly emerged across all criteria, shining in several categories. Freshworks CRM scored the highest for levels of customer service provided and tied with others in advanced features and ease of use. Freshworks also scored highly in general features. Read on for how well Freshworks and all the evaluated CRMs fared as competitors to Salesforce.
Ease of Use
Freshworks CRM provides businesses with an advanced artificial intelligence sales assistant that uses history, sales and marketing activity, and current engagement levels to score leads and forecast sales. Salespeople can then use this insight to prioritize the right leads and hit their sales goals. This level of AI is a great value at a much lower cost than Salesforce, making it right for sales teams who need forecasting insight to manage their leads and opportunities.
Freshworks CRM Pricing
- Growth: $29 per user, per month
- Pro: $69 per user, per month
- Enterprise: $125 per user, per month
- Free Trial: 21 days
Freshworks CRM Key Features
- AI Assistant: Compiles insights on customers and prospects for targeted engagement.
- Website Tracking: Use your customers’ and prospects’ web browsing behavior.
- Live Chat and Facebook Messenger: Engage customers where they spend their time.
- Web Forms: Build customized forms to embed on your website and capture more leads.
- Journey Builder: Automatically manage your customers through the sales process.
Pipedrive: Best for Visual Pipeline Management
Provides sales reps with a visual pipeline so they can see exactly where prospects are for better engagement and retention.
Price Range: $12.50 to $49.90 per user, per month (14-day free trial)
Ease of Use
Pipedrive is a well-known CRM with a highly visual pipeline. This helps salespeople see where their prospects are in the sales process so they can make better decisions about engaging them. To keep the entire team in the loop regarding each lead, Pipedrive also syncs sales activity like phone calls, emails, and appointments, which makes it great for smaller teams who want a complete, easy-to-understand view of their sales pipelines and activity.
- Essential: $12.50 per user, per month
- Advanced: $24.90 per user, per month
- Professional: $49.90 per user, per month
- Free Trial: 14 days
Pipedrive Key Features
- Sales Pipelines: Unlimited drag-and-drop visual pipelines.
- Lead and Deal Management: Reps can let the deal process lead conversations with prospects to move them toward the close.
- Chat: Ability to use chatbot or live chat to source leads from customer conversations.
- Task Sync: Schedule emails, calls, and more remotely.
- Web Forms: Online form builder to capture leads from web traffic.
HubSpot CRM: Best Free CRM With Upgrades
Competitive free sales tool helping salespeople manage leads, contact data, and tasks with the ability to add more functions.
Price Range: Free to $1,200 per month (Sales Hub)
Ease of Use
HubSpot CRM offers a free tool that gives users robust features to manage prospects into customers with a simple interface. Store up to one million contacts for an unlimited number of users, track deals, build forms to capture leads, and more for free. Upgrade to paid tiers for access to customized reporting, content management, and other advanced features. Small businesses wanting a robust free option with the ability to upgrade as they scale are a great fit for HubSpot CRM.
HubSpot CRM Pricing
- Free-for-Life: Support for unlimited users
- Sales Hub Starter: Starts at $45 for 2 paid users
- Sales Hub Professional: Starts at $450 for 5 paid users
- Sales Hub Enterprise: Starts at $1,200 for 10 paid users
HubSpot CRM Key Features
- Custom Dashboard: Shows where deals sit in the pipeline.
- Free Plan: Unlimited free plan supports unlimited users, with no credit card necessary.
- Email Sync and Templates: Integrates with Gmail and Outlook.
- Automations: Sales activity and deals are logged automatically.
- Notifications: Get company insights and track email opens and other prospect activity.
Copper: Best for Google Workspace Integration
Helps companies using Google tools, like Gmail, Docs, Sheets, and Calendar manage their customer relationships.
Price Range: $25 to $119 per user, per month (14-day free trial)
Ease of Use
Copper helps businesses manage customer relationships by integrating seamlessly within an existing Google Workspace framework. Salespeople can pull lead information directly from Google Sheets and Gmail and automatically update the customer database. It also logs email activity and creates follow-up reminders in Google Calendar. Copper looks and acts like a Google app, so it has a familiar feel, making it a great fit for Google Workspace users.
- Basic: $25 per user, per month
- Professional: $59 per user, per month
- Business: $119 per user, per month
- Free Trial: 14 days
Copper Key Features
- Google Workspace Integration: Chrome extension syncs CRM with Gmail.
- Lead Management: Qualify and process leads to build a pipeline and close deals.
- Auto Enrichment: Scrapes social media, including LinkedIn, to keep profiles current.
- Email Sync and Templates: Build and track email campaigns in Gmail.
- Workflow Automation: Set up tasks to create automatic sales activities.
Zoho CRM: Most Customizable Option
Multi-tasking software for small to medium-sized businesses offering a range of customizable features to manage leads.
Price Range: Free to $52 per user, per month (15- to 30-day free trial)
Ease of Use
Zoho CRM is a customizable, feature-rich CRM with an attractive price. It’s almost as customizable as Salesforce and allows users to tailor lead management by creating custom fields, buttons, and more to collect the right information from leads. When you receive info and set up a custom profile for a lead, you can even copy those settings for similar leads. Zoho CRM would work well for small businesses that generate leads online since they can choose the info to collect.
Zoho CRM Pricing
- Free Forever: For up to 3 users
- Standard: $14 per user, per month
- Professional: $23 per user, per month
- Enterprise: $40 per user, per month
- Ultimate: $52 per user, per month
- Free Trial: 15 days; 30 days for Ultimate tier
Zoho CRM Key Features
- Lead Management: Identifies qualified leads and scores them.
- Customization: Layouts can be modified to capture essential information.
- Automation: Segments and assigns leads and creates workflows to convert.
- Collaboration Tools: Connects team members and streamlines communication.
- Mobile App: Connect from the road and scan business cards for instant lead gen.
Less Annoying CRM: Most Simple Alternative
Created with small business sales teams in mind, it helps manage contracts, notes, leads, and more in a single app.
Price Range: $15 per user, per month (30-day free trial)
Ease of Use
Less Annoying CRM is straightforward, sales software with one-tier pricing and basic contact, pipeline, and task management tools. When users collect new leads, they can import them from spreadsheets or Google Sheets quickly, then they can sort and organize those leads plus their sales pipeline. Less Annoying CRM is good for small businesses and startups that need a simple system that launches effortlessly and provides the CRM essentials.
Less Annoying CRM Pricing
- Single-Tier Pricing: $15 per user, per month
- Free Trial: 30 days
Less Annoying CRM Key Features
- Intuitive Interface: One screen shows you all the data, notes, tasks, and appointments for your contact.
- Calendar Sync: With Google Calendar or their built-in calendar.
- Contact Management: See all activity and add files, tasks and leads.
- Email Management: Automatically tracks and logs emails in a contact’s activity feed.
- Lead Management: Track workflows in customizable pipelines.
Ease of Use
Insightly offers a CRM with project management tools so organizations can manage post-sales customer relationships. Its interface clearly shows tasks, emails, meetings, calls, and more to ensure goals are met and deliverables are timely. Manage marketing campaigns through automation, too, with the CRM’s data-driven insights. This makes this option great for service-based businesses with long-term customer relationships.
- Free Forever: For up to 2 users
- Plus: $29 per user, per month
- Professional: $49 per user, per month
- Enterprise: $99 per user, per month
Insightly Key Features
- Marketing Tools: Uses data to create marketing automations.
- Integrated Project Management: Streamlines and tracks tasks and pipeline progress.
- Email Management: Create campaigns, send bulk emails and track delivery and opens.
- Lead Management: Leads are automatically analyzed and assigned.
- Workflow Automations: Automatically assign tasks, alerts, update records, and more.
Bottom Line: Salesforce Competitors & Alternatives
Salesforce is often thought of as the standard of CRM software, but it won’t fully serve every type and size of business. It doesn’t make financial sense to pay for features you can’t use, and customizing every detail is daunting for many offices. But there are many high performing options available to fit every budget. Take some time to figure out a list of needs along with a few wish items, then use our list to find the best solution for you.